Honey Spiced Latte
We combine rich molasses, golden honey and a host of spices to create this warm and comforting beverage.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place ground coffee in the filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water;
- brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, honey, molasses, sugar and
- spices. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from
- the heat. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds or
- until foamy.
- Divide among four mugs; add the coffee. Garnish with whipped cream if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium,