My husband has already requested these carrots again. Some store even carry carrots cut into matchsticks to save time. —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 large carrots, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a Dutch oven, saute the first five ingredients in butter until
- carrots are tender. Stir in honey; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 143 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.