- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium acorn squash
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Fill squash halves with butter mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Spice Acorn Squash in Taste of Home Dining on a Dime 2008, p162
Reviews for Honey Spiced Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2011
"Very simple and very good taste. Just the right amount of butter and honey which really complimented the squash. I love recipes that allow the star ingredient to stand out. I'll be making this again."