Honey Spice Krinkles Recipe
Sugar and spice make these Christmas cookies among the nicest I've ever tried. Deliciously old-fashioned, they've been our family favorites for years. Busy holiday bakers will be pleased to know that the dough is very easy to work with.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and honey. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Dip half of each ball into water and then into sugar. Place with sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Spice Krinkles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p35
Reviews for Honey Spice Krinkles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review