Honey Spice Cookies Recipe
With four children, I bake a lot of cookies. These nicely-seasoned sweet are a family favorite.—Joan Gerber, Bluffton, Indiana
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat honey and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to honey mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape dough into five 10-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hour or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; lightly brush over cookies.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12-1/2 dozen.
One cookie equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC