Honey Spice Bread Recipe
The texture of this moist bread is almost like a cake, so I usually serve slices of it for dessert. Plus, the loaf looks so festive with the pretty glaze drizzled on top. —Gaye O'Dell, Binghamton, New York
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Glaze as directed. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC