- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning).
Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Glaze as directed. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Honey Spice Bread
"We liked the flavor, however it took a LOT longer the bake than the recipes says. The middle of the loaf was still almost pure batter while the outside had burned. Probably will not be making this again."
"The bread turned out extremely dry. Checked the recipe to see if I'd over baked it but I hadnt. I threw the loaf away. Very disappointed in the results."
"Like the flavor, but the texture left much to be desired. You need to wash it down with a lot of water."
"Flavor is good but do not like the texture"
"I really like this bread - great with coffee in the morning. I liked that the bread was not overly spicy. A nice delicate flavor."