Honey-Spice Acorn Squash Recipe
"I've made this simple side dish for more than 35 years," says Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico. Cinnamon and ginger give a nice spiced flavor to the moist tender squash halves. You can use up the extra squash in the two recipes that follow.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium acorn squash
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, butter, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Cut squash in half; discard the seeds. Fill squash halves with butter mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Serve four squash halves. Drain and discard butter mixture from remaining squash; mash. Refrigerate squash for another use. Yield: 4 servings plus about 4 cups mashed squash.
Originally published as Honey-Spice Acorn Squash in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p44
Reviews for Honey-Spice Acorn Squash(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review