Forget going out to eat when you can make your own chicken wings; You can make them at home. They have a wonderful flavor even better than any restaurant.—Meredith Sayre, Monaca, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 6 whole chicken wings
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the picante sauce, honey mustard, oil, soy sauce, ginger, peel and hot pepper sauce if desired; add wings. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes; turn wings. Bake 18-22 minutes longer, turning every 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey Soy Wings in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p34
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Honey Soy Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review