Summer is always a special time for relaxed and casual meals, for summertime patriotic holidays and especially for picnics in the great outdoors. This recipe is perfect for such occasions. -Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. over the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Soy Pork Chops in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p39
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey-Soy Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review