Honey-Soy Pork Chops
Summer is always a special time for relaxed and casual meals, for summertime patriotic holidays and especially for picnics in the great outdoors. This recipe is perfect for such occasions.
-Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. over the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let meat stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.