Honey-Soy Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. over the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 176 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Honey-Soy Pork Chops
"Easy and good."
"Marinade is a little too tart for me, but I used some of the reserved marinade to coat aspargras I was grilling at the same time as the pork chops and they were fantastic."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.