Honey Rosemary Chicken
I never get tired of finding new ways to cook with herbs! A rosemary marinade sweetened with honey gives this moist chicken wonderful flavor and a pretty golden sheen. Elsie Barton of Hoover, Alabama
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 55 min.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, vinegar, rosemary and oil. Pour
- half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the
- chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover
- and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken bone side down
- in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer
- reaches 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 200 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch,