Honey Rosemary Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and pineapple.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over low heat for 9-11 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 206 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.