- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, separated
- 7-3/4 to 8-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the honey, oil, salt, eggs, egg yolk and 5 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and form the dough into desired shapes (see below). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Beat egg white and cold water; brush over the dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p49
Reviews for Honey Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
"These are delicious! One of my daughters asks at least once a week for me to make these; these are her favorite! I got 30 rolls instead of 36 but I tend to make things larger than most."