Honey Roasted Pears
My family has passed down this recipe for generations. The elegant pears are simple to make and only require a few minutes of prep, but the results are sensational. —Jan Sokol, Overland Park, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Whipped cream
- Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Place in a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cardamom, sugar, cinnamon
- and cloves. In a small saucepan, combine water and honey; bring to a
- boil for 3 minutes. Pour over pears.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender,
- basting every 15 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pear (calculated without whipped cream) equals 166 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.