Honey-Raisin Quick Bread
This fiber-rich bread, packed with plump raisins and bran cereal, is a tasty way to start the day. "My husband likes to eat a slice spread with a little vanilla frosting for breakfast," shares Judy Kern of Clovis, New Mexico.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the cereal and milk; let stand for 5
- minutes. Add the egg, honey and butter to cereal mixture; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 155 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium,