Honey-Raisin Quick Bread Recipe
This fiber-rich bread, packed with plump raisins and bran cereal, is a tasty way to start the day. "My husband likes to eat a slice spread with a little vanilla frosting for breakfast," shares Judy Kern of Clovis, New Mexico.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, honey and butter to cereal mixture; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 155 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Raisin Quick Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC