Honey Raisin Muffins Recipe
The sweetness of honey brings out the flavor of the raisins in these muffins. My family can't get enough of them, so I make them often for everyone to enjoy. -Joyce Reece, Mena, Arkansas
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisin bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cereal, milk and honey; let stand until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in egg and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 10 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC