Honey Raisin Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisin bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cereal, milk and honey; let stand until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in egg and oil; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 10 muffins.
1 each: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Honey Raisin Muffins
"Easy enough to prepare, and got 14 not 10, but very bland and flavorless. I added about 1/3 cup add'l raisins, and eliminated the salt (WAY too much - there's more than enough in the b.powder and the cereal itself). Needs more sweetness. Won't make again."