- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add the eggs, evaporated milk and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- From the remaining pastry, cut out three 3-in. leaves and three 5-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Using a sharp knife, cut veins in leaves. Wrap each strip of dough around the handle of a wooden spoon; place spoons upside down on a baking sheet. Place leaves, vein side up, on the rounded side of spoons. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange decorations on cooled pie. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Honey Pumpkin Pie
"Didn;t really like this one. I thought it was bland, so I fed it to the horses, a couple of them loved it, one was indifferent"
"this pie wa great. the only thing that i found was the cooking time was off a little but then that could have been my oven. will certainly be making this agan"
"i just put this pie in the oven and so far it looks awesome!! the changes i made was i didnt have 'real' honey. i accidently bought sugar free immitation honey so i only had that on hand :( also i didnt have cloves so i had to leave that out. otherwise i did exactly as directed. i used the taste of home's test kitchen pie crust for the crust :)"
"It was so good I think I like it better then regular sugar in the pie."
"At first I wasn't sure if it would turn out all right because it seemed liquidy before i put it into the oven. Once took it out I let it cool down. I added some whip cream to the top of it and it was just delicious."