Honey Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add the eggs, evaporated milk and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- From the remaining pastry, cut out three 3-in. leaves and three 5-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Using a sharp knife, cut veins in leaves. Wrap each strip of dough around the handle of a wooden spoon; place spoons upside down on a baking sheet. Place leaves, vein side up, on the rounded side of spoons. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange decorations on cooled pie. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Honey Pumpkin Pie(5)
Sort By :
Didn;t really like this one. I thought it was bland, so I fed it to the horses, a couple of them loved it, one was indifferent
this pie wa great. the only thing that i found was the cooking time was off a little but then that could have been my oven. will certainly be making this agan
i just put this pie in the oven and so far it looks awesome!! the changes i made was i didnt have 'real' honey. i accidently bought sugar free immitation honey so i only had that on hand :( also i didnt have cloves so i had to leave that out. otherwise i did exactly as directed. i used the taste of home's test kitchen pie crust for the crust :)
It was so good I think I like it better then regular sugar in the pie.
At first I wasn't sure if it would turn out all right because it seemed liquidy before i put it into the oven. Once took it out I let it cool down. I added some whip cream to the top of it and it was just delicious.