Honey Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
When I came across this recipe in an old family cookbook, I knew it would be an instant hit with my family. We enjoy it fresh from the oven, and it disappears in a flash.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. brush with butter. Combine remaining filling ingredients; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 4. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 16 slices. Place, cut side down, in a greased one-piece 10-in. tube pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; heat until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC