Honey Potato Rolls Recipe
Made with mashed potatoes, these golden-brown goodies will complement just about any meal. I always included them as part of my holiday menu when my daughters were growing up, and now the girls carry on the tradition with their own families.—Myrna Wolfswinkel, Sheldon, Iowa
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the mashed potatoes, butter, honey, eggs, salt and 2 cups all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Stir in whole wheat flour and enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 40 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown; brush with melted butter. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 123 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Honey Potato Rolls
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC