- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope (.87 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder; add to the pork. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and peppers; cook 5-10 minutes longer. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Pork and Peppers
Sort By :
"The pork was so tender and the sauce with the peppers and onion was very tasty over rice!"
"Quick, easy and tasty. Kids loved it. Next time I will add some pineapple. I served with jasmine rice. Keeper!"