Honey Pork and Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and carrots in butter for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 cup: 294 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Honey Pork and Carrots
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.