Honey Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
Though fresh fruit steals the show in this morning medley, the subtle honey sauce makes it an especially sweet treat. "It takes just 10 minutes to assemble this easy salad, which tastes so good with brunch," says Dorothy Dinnean of Harrison, Arkansas. TIP: Don't have those fruits on hand? Try blackberries, mangoes or peaches instead.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas and berries. In a small bowl,
- combine the honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Pour over fruit and
- toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.