- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine honey and reserved juice; pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
"Over microwaved the potatoes, so I mashed it up, and used all crushed pineapple. I had to omit the pecans, I don't keep them in the house with the guys allergy, and it definitely would have given that extra OOMPH to the recipe. I used honey from my friend's hive in Maine, so good! Next time I'll cube up the potatoes and cook them in the oven."
"Swwet potatoes did not cook evenly even though I increased the time--a lot of sweet potatoes--may have worked better to parboil them."
"This was just ok, nothing special. One tip if you decide to try this: skip the microwave and boil the sweet potatoes instead. Even stirring frequently they didn't cook evenly in the microwave."
"Excellent - served to guests and they all loved it!"
"I used canned sweet potatoes, no crushed pineapple and 20 oz. pineapple chunks. I also used brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It turned out very well and we enjoyed it."
"Amazing! I had extra crushed pineapple so I used double the crushed and no tidbits. And no pecans...everyone loved it!"