Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine honey and reserved juice; pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
Swwet potatoes did not cook evenly even though I increased the time--a lot of sweet potatoes--may have worked better to parboil them.
This was just ok, nothing special. One tip if you decide to try this: skip the microwave and boil the sweet potatoes instead. Even stirring frequently they didn't cook evenly in the microwave.
Excellent - served to guests and they all loved it!
I used canned sweet potatoes, no crushed pineapple and 20 oz. pineapple chunks. I also used brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It turned out very well and we enjoyed it.
This recipe is so simple. I prepared it according to the recipe, using locally 'grown' honey, and we LOVE it. It has become a MUST HAVE at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >