Pineapple chunks add unexpected, yet delicious bursts of tartness to naturally sweet sweet potatoes. Add pecans, if you'd like, for another layer of flavor that people will love. —Paula Mayo, Feedings Hills, Massachusetts
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine honey and reserved juice; pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p44
Reviews for Honey-Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review