Honey Pineapple Sherbet
"Tart and fruity, this wonderfully light and frosty dessert is a delight for the eyes and taste buds," assures field editor Marsha Ransom of South Haven, Michigan. "I love its sunny yellow color and the juicy bits of pineapple."
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a
- saucepan, combine honey and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil,
- stirring several times. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Cool completely. Stir in yogurt, vanilla and pineapple. Pour into a
- 9-in. square freezer-proof dish.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until slushy.
- Transfer to a bowl; beat for 1-2 minutes. Return to pan; cover and
- freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before
- serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (without garnish) equals 116 calories, 45 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.