Honey Pineapple Sherbet Recipe
"Tart and fruity, this wonderfully light and frosty dessert is a delight for the eyes and taste buds," assures field editor Marsha Ransom of South Haven, Michigan. "I love its sunny yellow color and the juicy bits of pineapple."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine honey and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, stirring several times. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Cool completely. Stir in yogurt, vanilla and pineapple. Pour into a 9-in. square freezer-proof dish.
- 3. Cover and freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes until slushy. Transfer to a bowl; beat for 1-2 minutes. Return to pan; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (without garnish) equals 116 calories, 45 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC