Honey Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Sweet pineapple and salty soy sauce season a flavorful chicken dish from Carol Gillespie in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. “I adapted the recipe for my crock pot because it's so much easier to do the preparation hours in advance, then let it simmer all day,”” Carol explains.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking liquid, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple with the chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC