Sweet pineapple and salty soy sauce season a flavorful chicken dish from Carol Gillespie in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. “I adapted the recipe for my crock pot because it's so much easier to do the preparation hours in advance, then let it simmer all day,”” Carol explains.
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking liquid, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple with the chicken.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Pineapple Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Pineapple Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review