Honey Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking liquid, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple with the chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Pineapple Chicken(10)
Sort By :
This is a little sweet as others stated, but so good! I have made it many times since first published, even for a Christmas buffet. You can sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder to give a little more balance to the sweetness of this dish, I too serve it with white rice. My super picky little boy loves this chicken, it is the only meat he doesn't put ketchup on! I often shred the leftover chicken and we have pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches the next day.
This was excellent. I served it over white rice with steamed broccoli on the side. Very moist and very good.
The chicken turned out dry and was a little too sweet.
This was a little too sweet for my taste but my husband loved it.
Soooo good! I will make this again and again! Taste's really yummy over rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >