Honey Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking liquid, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple with the chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey Pineapple Chicken
Sort By :
"My Mom is handicapped, elderly and cannot get out much anymore. Finding new things to eat that are appealing to her is a tedious task. I made this for her (and me). She and I loved it! Anything that makes my Mom want seconds, at her age, is a 5 star . I did cube the chicken before frying to allow it to cook quicker and make it easier for my mother to handle. Great recipe!!"
"For some reason my chicken was dry too. Perhaps I cooked it to long when I was browning it. Next time I think I will avoid that step. Great flavor and no complained. Will make it again."
"This is a little sweet as others stated, but so good! I have made it many times since first published, even for a Christmas buffet. You can sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder to give a little more balance to the sweetness of this dish, I too serve it with white rice. My super picky little boy loves this chicken, it is the only meat he doesn't put ketchup on! I often shred the leftover chicken and we have pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches the next day."
"This was excellent. I served it over white rice with steamed broccoli on the side. Very moist and very good."
"The chicken turned out dry and was a little too sweet."