Honey Pecan Triangles Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- 2. Cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Using foil to lift, remove from pan. Cut into 24 squares; cut each square diagonally in half. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 piece: 159 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Triangles
"Wow!! What a combo of flavors and yummy!!"
"GREAT RECIPE! I made these for a New Year's bash and they were a huge hit! They taste like miniature pecan pie slices -- but not as sweet -- and that is a good thing! These are OUTSTANDING!!"
"OMG!!! These are so good. I made them for a dear friend and couldn't help digging in and before all was over, I ate half myself!!!This is a recipe worth doing and (guess what) it is easy as well!!!"
"When I rate a recipe 3 stars means ordinary, 4 stars means much, much better than average, and 5 stars means super wonderfully great tasting. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could. This is my "go to" recipe when a really impressive goody is required."
"These are magnifico!! I don't like pecan pie, but I couldn't stop eating these. I served them on my desert table at Thanksgiving, everyone gaves them high fives...."
"These are absolutely marvelous. Christmas would not be the same if I did not have these in the house when my four children and their families came home. They bake perfect every time. I just sent this recipe to my sister who requested it."
"These are soooo good! I made it once with honey and the second time with light corn syrup. The edges can get crispy, but for most people I made these for, this was their favorite part."
"Have been making these since can't remember when. Have been hearing ," Are you making those this year-please." They are easy to make and better to eat!"
"oops... i forgot to rate this recipe i would give it a 10 star rating if there was one.........I have been making these for family and friends about six years now and everyboby loves them. They tell me that it reminds them of baklava. Very rich and yummy"
"October 13th, 2010 at 9:40 pmI have been making these for family and friends about six years now and everyboby loves them. They tell me that it reminds them of baklava. Very rich and yummy"
"These are so good they should be against the law! I made a batch for church and they went so fast it was amazing!"
"Everyone really liked it and raved about it."
"I have made these honey pecan triangles for years and get rave reviews when I serve them."