I've been stirring up batches of these tasty bar cookies for many years, and they're a big hit wherever I share them. The bars have all the goodness of pecan pie and are so easy to serve to a crowd. -Debbie Fogel, East Berne, New York
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until blended. Gradually add flour.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Carefully remove foil. Cut into 24 bars; cut each in half diagonally. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Pecan Triangles in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p29
Reviews for Honey Pecan Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review