Honey Pecan Triangles Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until blended. Gradually add flour.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Carefully remove foil. Cut into 24 bars; cut each in half diagonally. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Triangles(5)
Sort By :
OMG!!! These are so good. I made them for a dear friend and couldn't help digging in and before all was over, I ate half myself!!!
This is a recipe worth doing and (guess what) it is easy as well!!!
When I rate a recipe 3 stars means ordinary, 4 stars means much, much better than average, and 5 stars means super wonderfully great tasting. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could. This is my "go to" recipe when a really impressive goody is required.
These are magnifico!! I don't like pecan pie, but I couldn't stop eating these. I served them on my desert table at Thanksgiving, everyone gaves them high fives....
These are absolutely marvelous. Christmas would not be the same if I did not have these in the house when my four children and their families came home. They bake perfect every time. I just sent this recipe to my sister who requested it.
These are soooo good! I made it once with honey and the second time with light corn syrup. The edges can get crispy, but for most people I made these for, this was their favorite part.