- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into 24 squares. Cut squares diagonally into triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Triangles
"Wow!! What a combo of flavors and yummy!!"
"GREAT RECIPE! I made these for a New Year's bash and they were a huge hit! They taste like miniature pecan pie slices -- but not as sweet -- and that is a good thing! These are OUTSTANDING!!"
"OMG!!! These are so good. I made them for a dear friend and couldn't help digging in and before all was over, I ate half myself!!!This is a recipe worth doing and (guess what) it is easy as well!!!"
"When I rate a recipe 3 stars means ordinary, 4 stars means much, much better than average, and 5 stars means super wonderfully great tasting. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could. This is my "go to" recipe when a really impressive goody is required."
"These are soooo good! I made it once with honey and the second time with light corn syrup. The edges can get crispy, but for most people I made these for, this was their favorite part."
"Have been making these since can't remember when. Have been hearing ," Are you making those this year-please." They are easy to make and better to eat!"
"oops... i forgot to rate this recipe i would give it a 10 star rating if there was one.........I have been making these for family and friends about six years now and everyboby loves them. They tell me that it reminds them of baklava. Very rich and yummy"
"October 13th, 2010 at 9:40 pmI have been making these for family and friends about six years now and everyboby loves them. They tell me that it reminds them of baklava. Very rich and yummy"