Honey Pecan Tart Recipe
As soon as I stumbled across this recipe several years ago, I knew I had to try it. The lovely tart is scrumptious and makes an impression at the end of a meal.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups pecan halves, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, flour and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. Chop 2-1/4 cups pecans. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into crust. Arrange the remaining pecan halves around edge of tart.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice equals 530 calories, 36 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC