As soon as I stumbled across this recipe several years ago, I knew I had to try it. The lovely tart is scrumptious and makes an impression at the end of a meal.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups pecan halves, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, flour and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Chop 2-1/4 cups pecans. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, honey, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into crust. Arrange the remaining pecan halves around edge of tart.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Honey Pecan Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p132
Reviews for Honey Pecan Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review