"These are delicious moist spice cookies," explains Cheryl Christiansen of McPherson, Kansas.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add honey, eggs and lemon juice; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Pecan Snaps in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p54
Reviews for Honey Pecan Snaps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012 Edited Oct. 4, 2014
"I recall making these cookies when they were first featured in Taste of Home in 1996! I did use 1 tsp. salt and I recall using 1 tsp. ground ginger. I'd omitted the pecans, though!A substitution of 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 candied fruit is satisfactory! I hadn't USED his substitution, but I definitely will keep this in mind if I prepare these cookies again! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"