- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add honey, eggs and lemon juice; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Pecan Snaps in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p54
Reviews for Honey Pecan Snaps(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012
I recall making these cookies at one time & they are delicious! I will definitely prepare these cookies time & again! thank you for including this recipe in Taste of Home!