Honey-Pecan Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. Pound pork chops with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dip chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add honey and pecans to same skillet; heat through, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with light butter and 1 tablespoon pecans) equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Pork Chops
"I had trouble with the honey and pecan mixture - it got hard and sticky and stuck to our teeth. And the pan was a mess to clean up - maybe I did something wrong."
"Super taste, super easy, looks elegant"
"A recipe I use often. Everyone loves it and it so easy to make."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.