Honey-Pecan Pork Chops
"This is a family favorite," says Linda Bounds of Cedar Hill, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Flatten pork chops slightly. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour,
- salt and pepper. Coat chops with flour mixture. In a large skillet,
- cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each
- side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add honey and
- pecans to the skillet, scraping to loosen browned bits; heat
- through. Pour over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with light butter and 1 tablespoon pecans) equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.