Honey-Pecan Pork Chops
"This is a family favorite," says Linda Bounds of Cedar Hill, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- Pound pork chops with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. In a shallow
- bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dip chops in flour mixture to coat
- both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pork chops;
- cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add honey and pecans to same skillet; heat through, stirring to
- loosen browned bits from pan. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with light butter and 1 tablespoon pecans) equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot