Honey Pecan Pie Recipe
Looking for a sweet ending to a special meal? This attractive pecan pie is bound to please with its traditional sugary filling and honey-glazed pecans. A store-bought crust helps this recipe go together with ease. —Cathy Hudak, Wadsworth, Ohio
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
- 3. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 688 calories, 42 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC