- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Pie
"Everyone loved the pie. And it tasted great, but was I the only one that had to cook this pie for A LOT longer than the recipe called for? It says "till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean". This took at least another 40 or more minutes than the recipe suggested. I had to cover with aluminum foil, so the pecans wouldn't burn"
"Super! A very traditional pecan pie. I exchanged 1 tablespoon of butter in the filliing for 1 tablespoon of Tennessee Whiskey. I did the same in the topping, exchange some of the butter for whiskey. Top with fresh whipped cream - ahhhh heaven!!!"
"This pie is always requested from my family, its delicious! However, I knocked off a star because it takes HOURS to cool and can become very watery and messy when putting it in the oven"