- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Pie
"Super! A very traditional pecan pie. I exchanged 1 tablespoon of butter in the filliing for 1 tablespoon of Tennessee Whiskey. I did the same in the topping, exchange some of the butter for whiskey. Top with fresh whipped cream - ahhhh heaven!!!"
"I made a wonderful pecan pie recipe for years. Then I made this recipe for pecan pie and it was over the top! It is now my standard pecan pie recipe every year. Totally requested by our guests and family."
"My family loves this recipe! The pie itself is delicious, but the candied pecans on top are my husband's favorite. I usually add some extra pecans in the topping so he can sample as I bake."
"This pie is always requested from my family, its delicious! However, I knocked off a star because it takes HOURS to cool and can become very watery and messy when putting it in the oven"
"I'm not a huge lover of pecan pie but this is the best I've ever tasted. My husband requests it for Christmas every year."