Looking for a sweet ending to a special meal? This attractive pecan pie is bound to please with its traditional sugary filling and honey-glazed pecans. A store-bought crust helps this recipe go together with ease. —Cathy Hudak, Wadsworth, Ohio
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Pecan Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p30
Reviews for Honey Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review