- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and honey until combined. Stir in pecan halves until coated. Spoon over pie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Honey Pecan Pie
"Very pretty, took lnger to cook than suggested. Didnt get to eat this as gave it away! Will update once got the review!"
"Everyone loved the pie. And it tasted great, but was I the only one that had to cook this pie for A LOT longer than the recipe called for? It says "till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean". This took at least another 40 or more minutes than the recipe suggested. I had to cover with aluminum foil, so the pecans wouldn't burn"
"Super! A very traditional pecan pie. I exchanged 1 tablespoon of butter in the filliing for 1 tablespoon of Tennessee Whiskey. I did the same in the topping, exchange some of the butter for whiskey. Top with fresh whipped cream - ahhhh heaven!!!"
"This pie is always requested from my family, its delicious! However, I knocked off a star because it takes HOURS to cool and can become very watery and messy when putting it in the oven"