Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pecans. Cook, covered, until chicken is glazed, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half : 382 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts
"I thought this was a very good way to dress up a boneless skinless chicken breast! The only thing I added was a little bit of cinnamon to the pecan mixture. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"Really easy and very tasty. I use one 8 oz chicken breast halved for the two of us. With potato and vegetable, it's plenty of food."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.