Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter; add garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drizzle honey over chicken; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 382 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.