- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pecans. Cook, covered, until chicken is glazed, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts
"We had this delicious chicken tonight. The recipe is super simple and we loved the delicious flavor. I hoped it would not be overly sweet and it wasn't. It was perfect. The combination of all the seasonings plus the honey an pecans made it so tasty. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very easy to make and fairly tasty. It wasn't as sweet as I was hoping, and the honey taste didn't really come through. I will probably make this again, though."
"Delish! Great basic ingredients come together for a flavorful spin on plain old chicken! Easy and not too many dirty dishes! :)"
"I made this last night for guests. Everyone loved it. I served it with Basmati Rice, sauteed zucchini and onion and a tossed salad. I will make this again!"
"I thought this was a very good way to dress up a boneless skinless chicken breast! The only thing I added was a little bit of cinnamon to the pecan mixture. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"Really easy and very tasty. I use one 8 oz chicken breast halved for the two of us. With potato and vegetable, it's plenty of food."