- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pecans. Cook, covered, until chicken is glazed, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Chicken Breasts
"Very easy to make and fairly tasty. It wasn't as sweet as I was hoping, and the honey taste didn't really come through. I will probably make this again, though."
"Delish! Great basic ingredients come together for a flavorful spin on plain old chicken! Easy and not too many dirty dishes! :)"
"Really quick and easy to make. chicken was good, although not quite as sweet as I was hoping for. The seasonings kind of overpowered the honey taste just a little."
"I made this last night for guests. Everyone loved it. I served it with Basmati Rice, sauteed zucchini and onion and a tossed salad. I will make this again!"
"I thought this was a very good way to dress up a boneless skinless chicken breast! The only thing I added was a little bit of cinnamon to the pecan mixture. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"Really easy and very tasty. I use one 8 oz chicken breast halved for the two of us. With potato and vegetable, it's plenty of food."