One night at dinner, while vacationing in the Blue Ridge Mountains, we tried a pecan-encrusted trout that we've tried to re-create. We enjoy this tasty version with fresh or frozen cod often. —Lana German, Lenoir, North Carolina
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 6 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Place pecans in another shallow bowl. Dip fillets in honey mixture, then coat with pecans.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Pecan Baked Cod in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Baked Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review