Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
I once made this salad for my wife and son—who loves goat cheese—while our homemade pizza was baking. One of my dreams is to own a herd of goats and make cheese, but when I talk about it with my wife, the result is major eye rolls! —Greg Fontenot The Woodlands, Texas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a shallow microwave-safe dish, combine pecans and 2 teaspoons honey; microwave, uncovered, on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Immediately transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, remaining honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Shape cheese into eight balls; flatten slightly. Coat cheese with flour, then dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-hight heat. Fry cheese 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with honey pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p76
Reviews for Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
Excellent salad. I added Pomegranetes to this salad and it was really good.
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2011
It was so good, especially with garlic and chives in the goat cheese! A keeper for sure..