Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies
When my husband wants a treat, he requests these chewy peanut butter cookies. —Lucile Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix shortening, peanut butter
- and honey. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda,
- baking powder and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1- to 1-1/2-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.