Honey Peach Cobbler
"We love peach cobbler, but don't like leftovers because they get soggy," writes Diane Hixon from Niceville, Florida. "This old-fashioned dessert is just the right size for my husband and me."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 canned peach halves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place two peach halves in each of two ungreased 8-oz. custard cups.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Drizzle with honey and dot with butter. In a
- bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in
- shortening until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork
- until mixture forms a ball. Drop by teaspoonfuls over peaches. Bake
- at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice
- cream. Yield: 2 servings.