Honey-Orange Rice Pudding
“Arborio rice is the key to this creamy pudding. The slow cooking allows the rice to become tender and absorb the honey & citrus flavors.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 1/4 cup honey,
- orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened,
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or
- cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 435 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.