“Arborio rice is the key to this creamy pudding. The slow cooking allows the rice to become tender and absorb the honey & citrus flavors.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 1/4 cup honey, orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Orange Rice Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p77
Reviews for Honey-Orange Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
"Delicious flavor combination! I left out the extra honey and pistachios, but it was definitely sweet enough and had so many other flavors going on, they weren't missed at all. Great recipe!"
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2011
"Really easy and tasty!I omitted the last steps (vanilla, the rest of honey and pistachio) and went straight to eating it. :)I think I would double the recipe next time, and I am not sure you 'have' to use arborio, I think other type of rice is ok too."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2010
"It's a keeper"
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
"Way too sweet!"