Honey-Orange Rice Pudding for Two
“Arborio rice is the key to this creamy pudding. The slow cooking allows the rice to become tender and absorb the honey & citrus flavors.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 2 tablespoons
- honey, orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is
- thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or
- cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 419 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.